JK Drop Down Tailgate Conversion Kit, (Now Cut Entirely Out Of Aluminum!)
The only kit out there in the market that converts your factory swing out tailgate into a drop down tailgate. This robust JK drop down tailgate conversion kit is designed to easily hold over 400lbs and is accomplished by using the best aftermarket Jeep replacement hinges in the industry. This kit is compatible with your factory hard or soft top, so you can easily keep water and or thugs out of the back of your Jeep.
The JK tailgate conversion kit uses your existing tailgate latch mechanism so your tailgate will remain lockable and rattle free.Installation is a snap and is 100% bolt on with the exception of 6 drilled holes 2 in the tailgate and 4 below the tailgate to mount the hinges. The kit installs with minimal shop tools and no welding or metal fabrication is required for installation.
Engineered to last with quality components from the hinges and cables to the 1/8" thick aluminum plate to distribute the load evenly and on the driver side hinge there is a 4.5"x4"x1/4" thick square backing plate to tie in both inner layers of the tailgate giving this kit incredible strength.All brackets are shipped unpainted and are laser cut out of 16 gauge, 1/8",3/16' aluminum and formed on a press break. Stainless steel fasteners are supplied to eliminate any potential rust, while black powder coated stainless steel hinges are provided with the JK drop down tailgate kit......not polished stainless steel as shown in the pictures above.
Your spare tire will need to be attached with an after market swing out tire carrier. This kit is compatible with either a bumper mounted tire carrier or a tub mounted tire carrier.There are dozens of designs and manufactures to pick form depending upon your requirements and the amount you are looking to spend.
NOTE: This kit does not include a complete tailgate.
A drop down tail gate has many ideal uses, here are a few that previous customers have sent to us.
- The ultimate off road work bench trail repair station,its always with you
- The perfect place to set the Coleman camp cooking stove.
- When it rains I can lift up the hard top glass and sit on a dry tailgate.
- With two kids In diapers, it is the only flat spot on a Jeep.
- What good is a tailgating party with out a tailgate.
- Take the rear seat out of my JK and a 6'3" adult can easily sleep in back.
- It is a great place to sit and watch people after I've broken my Jeep.
- A great place to set my tool bag, and have a trail side picnic.
- Who needs a drop down tailgate, I love getting hit in the back when parked on a hill with my swing out factory tailgate.